IPB

> Breaking Into Temping, starting temping in general
Ross Russell
post Feb 23 2003, 05:37 AM [ Post #1 ]

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are in need of work and you are turning to temping in New York, you have to just start registering with temp agencies until you find some that give you work.

There is no real way to know which agencies will give you work and which ones won't. I once registered with this agency at about 1:00 pm and I was convinced that I would never hear from them. The agency called me at 4:00 pm that day asking me if I could work THAT night.

If the agency forces you to go through very elaborate registration rituals, they either don't have any work or they don't like you, for one reason or another. Sometimes it is advisable to keep calling into an agency asking if there is work available, but in general, if they are not calling YOU, you need to keep registering with more agencies until you find ones that do call you. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a required basic skill, but if an agency really needs people they will train you in whatever it takes to send you out on jobs.

--------------------
Ross Russell
Copyright 1996-2004
Relationship LLC

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]

[Add Reply] [New Topic]
> Replies
Critter
post Jul 11 2004, 12:19 PM [ Post #2 ]

Christopher Paige

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Over Their Dead Bodies

I am embarassed to admit that I spent the first ten or so years of my life in New York City ASSuming that the fahking New Yorkers were normal homo spaiens, and that there must have been something wrong with MY approach. There is nothing wrong with MY approach or your approach, it is them, they are all abused stupid aholes who deserve to die.

The key then to success in New York City is stepping over the bodies of the idiot fahks in the Workplace (figuratively speaking of course). In other words, the key to success in New York City is being a consultant (or working for a consulting firm) or owning your own business (because the liberal arts aholes in the workplace in New York City have no fahking clue).

Hand Waver City

New York City is Hand Waver City, there are very few if any jobs in New York City that require any technical expertise. The New York City workplace is full of idiots who have to call in a temp or a consultant whenever any actual work has to get done.

It then doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that being in the New York City workplace with 7+ million cluless, usless, "liberal arts" aholes is not the path to fame and fortune.

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]

> Posts in this topic
[Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:57 PM