IPB

[Add Reply] [New Topic]
> Tablet PCs and Plate Stands
Critter
post Jun 1 2004, 05:36 PM [ Post #1 ]

Christopher Paige

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

During the high drama days when everyone was trying to get hold of a Fujitsu Point 510 tablet PC, there were people selling "pens" for $25.00 and Table PC Stands for $25.00.

The "pen" on the Point 510 is non-functional, so any stick will do. I use a mechanical pencil with no lead in it.

And as for Tablet PC stands, I've found that what works best is something called a Plate Stand.

When I bought one of my Stylistic 1200s, it came with this neat black wire stand. Well, it turned out that that stand is a plain old Plate Stand.

I have the hard wired plate stand (that has a fixed shape) and I have an adustable plate stand that allows you to adjust the angle that you what your tablet to have while you work on it.

I have a wooden plate stand but these don't work so well.

There was some kitchen appliance store somewhere near Lincoln Center that had all kinds of plate stands; this is where I found the adjustable plate stand.

when I was looking around for mechanical pencils to use with my tablet, I went to this tudey art supply store on 57th Street. The mechanical pencils that I bought at this "art" store were the eact same pens as those at Rite Ad. The Art Store was simply selling each pen individually and it was selling them at a price that you could have bought a pack of six for at Right Aide. It looked to me like they bought these mechanical pencils in packs of six and then turned around and sold them individually at sky high prices.

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]
Critter
post Jun 2 2004, 06:13 AM [ Post #2 ]

Christopher Paige

Twisted Wire Plate Stand

you have to pick a stand that fits the tablet PC you have. On one stand that I bought, the bottom part was too narrow for some of my Tablet PCs.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Christopher Paige

[Off] [Card] [PM]
Critter
post Jun 2 2004, 06:47 AM [ Post #3 ]

Christopher Paige

The wire stand is great for using a Tablet at home on a desk, obviously the wire stand does not fold flat.

There are wooden and acrylic stands that do fold flat, but most of these are flimsy.

The stand below looks a little bit like one of the adjustable stands that I have that do fold flat. These are more expensive than the wire stands.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Christopher Paige

[Off] [Card] [PM]
[Fast Reply] [Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:27 AM